Proofing parrot (dynamic areometer) is an additional accessory that we can use to improve the distiller. It is used for direct, continuous measurement of alcohol content in the distillate received. It is a specially designed device, made of stainless steel, intended for placing an alcoholmeter inside it. The incoming distillate flows through the parrot, enabling ongoing measurement of alcohol content - without any losses.
The parrot is very helpful, especially when receiving appropriate fractions during distillation of flavoured liquor, but also for checking the alcohol content of highly rectified distillates.
How to use:
1. The proofing parrot can be fixed directly to the external cooler.
It should be screwed to the cooler outlet using the bolt provided. The hex key No. 5 should be used for that.
The device can be installed on a stub pipe with maximum diameter of 14 mm.
After connecting the parrot to the cooler, it is necessary to connect a silicone hose to the transfer cup in order to collect the distillate.
2. The areometer can also be used as a free standing devices, as it is fitted with a stable foot.
- An accurate measurement - as close to the actual one as possible - is obtained thanks the perfectly adjusted capacity of the device, thanks to which the liquid received is exchanged quickly. The parrot can hold up to 45 mL of liquid, and with an alcoholmeter inside it - 30 mL.
- It can be fixed to a cooler or placed on its foot.
To be purchased separately:
- silicone hose, Ø 8mm,
- areometer (alcoholmeter) - (the maximum diameter of a alkoholmeter dedicated to this device is 12mm - fit any from Browin offer).
The proofing parrot is compatible with most of the distillers – it will be an excellent addition a modular distilling system.