- For rinsing wine-making and beer-brewing equipment - ensures that the equipment used for fermentation is perfectly clean.
- For stabilising fruit juices and musts - prevents the growth of bacteria, mould and wild yeasts.
- For stabilising wines - prevents oxidation, stabilises the colour and clarity of wines.
- For stopping fermentation - an addition of metabisulfite effectively destroys yeast cells, it can be used as fermentation stopper.
- Safe for health - potassium metabisulfite is widely used in the food, wine-making and brewing industries. When used in accordance with the instructions, it is fully safe.
Potassium metabisulfite is widely used in the wine-making and brewing industries. It prevents the development of unfavourable microflora in fermented musts. Potassium metabisulfite protects wine batches from contamination and eliminates the presence of the so-called wild yeasts.
When used with ready wines, it stops fermentation, stabilises the colour and clarity.
Potassium metabisulfite is also an excellent disinfectant used for rinsing wine-making, brewing or distilling equipment.
Directions for use:
Depending on the application:
1) to stabilise must: 1 g per 10 L of must. Dissolve a proper portion in 50-100 ml of water, add to the must and mix thoroughly.
(2) to stabilise wine before pouring it into bottles: 1 g per 10 L of wine. Dissolve a proper portion in 50-100 ml of water, add to the must and mix thoroughly.
3) to rinse equipment: 10 g per 2 L of water. Use the solution to rinse demijohns, fermentation containers, bottles, presses, barrels that have been washed with detergent and rinsed with water. Do not reuse water after rinsing with potassium metabisulfite.
Potassium metabisulfite solution is unstable and should therefore be prepared just before use. After rinsing, the solution should be discarded. Due to its characteristic, strong sulfuric odour, it is recommended to use the product only in well-ventilated rooms.
Ingredients: potassium metabisulfite
Net weight: 100 g