Zgłaszanie błędów przy pomocy tego formularza możliwe jedynie wewnątrz sieci Browin. Zgłoszenie trafia bezpośrdnio do odpowiedniej grupy na Basecampie. Należy się zalogować przez Basecampa, aby dodać błąc. Kliknij w przycisk poniżej.
A glass filtration column is a device used in the process of purification / improvement of flavour and smell of potable water and liquor. The ingredient required for that process is activated carbon, which is perfect at absorbing all kinds of unwanted contamination and aromas. The device is availabl... more >
A glass filtration column is a device used in the process of purification / improvement of flavour and smell of potable water and liquor. The ingredient required for that process is activated carbon, which is perfect at absorbing all kinds of unwanted contamination and aromas. The device is available in a set with an alcohol meter featuring a safe plastic test tube, a silicon hose (1.6 m) and a pack of activated coconut charcoal (460 g).
The filtration column is made of durable and strong technical glass, much more resistant to damage than the traditional materials used. It features a convenient foot that enables placing it freely on a flat surface. The filtration column can hold as much as 350 mL of filter bed (activated carbon) at once. Additionally, the glass filtration column comes with an alcohol meter with a plastic test tube, which enables performing an accurate measurement of alcohol content in colourless liquor that does not contain sugar (enables performing an accurate alcohol content measurement within the range from 0% to 95%). The complete set also includes a hose with diameter of 7 / 9 mm and light of 1.6 m, made of elastic, non-toxic, semi-opaque silicon, characterised by high resistant to high temperature with simultaneous retention of elasticity in very low temperatures (-55 ÷ +180°C). The hose can be cut at any point, thus creating two hoses (for inflow and outflow). It also includes activated coconut carbon (460 g), used for harmonisation (adjustment) of flavour and smell of potable water and spirits. It is in the form of granules and is a highly efficient absorbent of many substances having a negative impact on the flavour and aroma of distillates.
- material - durable technical glass,
- two stub pipes with diameter of 8mm, intended for silicone hoses,
- foot / base - enabling placing the column on a flat surface,
- pipe diameter - 4 cm,
- filter height - 45 cm,
- total height with base - 46 cm,
- the column can hold 350 mL of activated carbon at once.
For best effect it is recommended to cool the liquid filtered down to about 10 °C. In order for the filtration process to be the most satisfying, it should be conducted continuously at the flow rate of about 1 L per 1 hour. The column should be connected in such a manner that the liquid passes through the adsorbent from the bottom upwards (opposite to gravity), which ensures that the full potential of the filter bed is used. In order to prevent presumptive contamination from passing from the carbon to the liquid filtered, we recommend placing the hose with the liquid received on a funnel lined with paper towel or to plug the column with a steel scourer at the height of the outlet stub pipe after pouring the charcoal into the column.
How to use:
1. Measure the right length of the silicon hoses for the upper and lower stub pipe and then pull them onto the stub pipes. Install the clamp intended for setting the flow rate of the liquid to be filtered on the hose connected to the lower stub pipe.
2. Pour activated carbon into the filter (prepared in advance in line with the instructions on the packaging) in such an amount that it fills the filter up to the height of about 1-2 cm below the upper transfer stub pipe.
3. Pour the liquid intended for filtration into the carbon-filled column from above, up to about 3/4 of its height.
4. Lower the hose connected to the lower stub pipe and unlock the clamp so that the liquid from the column starts flowing down through the hose. Once the liquid is at its top, put the hose quickly into the container with the liquid to be filtered and then place the whole container above the filtration column.
5. Adjust the liquid flow rate using the clamp.
6. Put the transfer hose connected to the upper stub pipe in the container intended for receiving the liquid filtered.
In order to prevent presumptive contamination from passing from the carbon to the liquid filtered, the hose with the liquid received should be placed on a funnel lined with paper towel.
Every country has its own legal regulations governing the manufacturing of ethyl alcohol, wine products, and spirits, introducing them onto the market, and regarding sanctions for non-compliance.