- Accurate measurement — the alcoholometer allows you to measure accurately the alcohol content, from 0 to 95%. The necessary temperature for the measurement is 20°C - this guarantees a reliable and precise measurement.
- For pure alcohols — Not suitable for wines or liqueurs! The alcoholometer is used to measure the alcohol content in pure alcohols (vodka, spirits, moonshines) without the addition of sugars or dyes which distort the results!
- Final result — the reading taken directly from the alcoholometer is the final result and does not require any additional calculations. Measuring the alcohol content has never been easier!
- Easy to use — to make the measurement, place the float in the test tube and fill the test tube with fluid so as the hydrometer floats freely. It is important that it does not touch the walls of the test tube during the measurement. Read the percentage value from the position of the lower meniscus of the fluid.
Non-breakable test tube – the plastic test tube is durable, so it will last for years. You can use it for safe measurements, and thanks to the plug included in the set you can also store the hydrometer in it.
The alcoholometer will surely come in handy in your household, but also in bars when diluting alcohols for drinks! The meter consists of a test tube and a float, with a marked large scale from 0 to 95% of alcohol by volume. With this device you can easily, quickly and, most importantly, precisely measure the alcohol by volume in pure alcohols (vodka, spirit, moonshine), i.e. alcohols that do not contain sugar or dyes, which distort the result. The alcoholometer is therefore not suitable for measuring the alcohol content in wines and liqueurs! The measurement is extremely simple and the result is read directly from the scale, without any additional calculations. The flat bottom of the test tube facilitates the measurement by stabilizing the float. The vessel can rest on the tabletop during the measurement, however, you should hold it all the time.
Since the devices are calibrated at 20°C, it is recommended to read the result at the same temperature. Fluids change their concentration (the molecules expand and contract) under the influence of temperature, therefore, the measurement made at 20°C is the most reliable and precise. The glass alcoholometer is equipped with a non-breakable test tube made of a material suitable for contact with food - including alcohols. The plug attached to the test tube protects the alcoholometer from slipping out during storage.
Instructions for use:
1. Insert the measuring device into the test tube or another vessel of equal height.
2. Pour the appropriate amount of fluid into the test tube (the indicator should not touch the walls and bottom of the vessel).
3. After the immersion level settles, take the reading.
Caution: The indicator is used to determine the alcohol content in colourless and sugar-free vodkas. At the time of measurement, the test solution should have the temperature of 20°C.